Monday, November 4, 2013

October via Instagram


>> Follow me on instagram @rdcunningham <<

 October was a very fast paced and exciting month. Fall is always such a shift for my life. I’m always frightened that the temperatures are going to drop so low that my fun outdoorsy life will come to a screeching halt, but in reality it’s really not THAT bad. This year has been quite pleasant actually considering there has only been a couple of nights with temps below 40. This past month has made me grateful and has tested my patience and has kept me on the edge of my seat. I joined a new band, I’ve been focusing on being more active in life through biking and running with friends, my boyfriend and my collie, I’ve actually enjoyed the turning of the season with the fall leaves, and then there were all the incredibly fun Halloween activities. 

 + My group of girlfriends and myself decided biking to events was way better than driving and so we biked to the first week of Jazztober held downtown on the chamber of commerce lawn and then had drinks on Polk St.

+ Brandon and I have been together for almost a year and a half and I told a story about the first gift he ever gave me. I appreciate him more than I can ever express.

+A collaboration of harmonies, soul and friendship between me and 4 other very talented musicians became Jack & Ginger.

+ A week and a half after we joined up we were asked to play our first opening gig at the Goldenlight. Show went awesome!

+ Brandon installed a king and queen seat on his Norton 850 Commando and we took it out on the town… seriously one of my very favorite things to do. There’s nothing like holding on to the waist of your love, adventuring around town on a vintage bike!

+ One of my favorite pictures of Arlo after a 6 mile bike/longboard trip around Wolflin and all the way to The 806 and back during a very fun Sunday with my Boys.

+ The changing trees make my outdoor runs very pleasant this time of year.

+ Halloween night #1: I went as a Piñata (DIY piñata dress blog up soon), and Brandon went as my cholo with a bat! He was hitting on me all night ;)

+ Halloween night #2: Last minute shared costume; my friend Katy and I went as the twins from the shinning… “Come play with us Johnny…” Creepy, I know.

I feel as though I have grown a lot this month. Jack & Ginger has forced me outside my comfort zone in music, but has allowed me to gain confidence and has inspired me in so many ways. Brandon and I have had a great time being as active as possible outside before the weather gets cold and it gets dark earlier which has brought us closer. Im excited about November and what all beautiful memories it may bring. Cheers to fall of ’13!


No comments:

Post a Comment