Monday, September 23, 2013

Vintage Record Rack Restoration

Last weekend, while actually 'tiquing' (antiquing haha) on ol Route 66 on the Triumph motorskooter, Brandon and I stopped by our favorite vintage shop 'Heroine Vintage' to check out the selection.  Before I could even walk inside a little rusty gold rack caught my eye.  I mean it couldn't have been a week prior that I was wishing we had a better set up at our house to put my record player and records in.  I figured we (Brandon) would end up building something, but this was exactly what I was looking for!  It isn't wood like I'd imagined but, dude, it's gold.. And what's better than gold? Nothing. 
After grabbing up this little piece and bringing it to the house I was super excited to get it all cleaned up and like new in our house!

There was a lot of rust on this thing, which Brandon assured me would come off with a little touch of steel wool. 


So about 3 (pretty hard) hours later, about 4 beers and 2 records later I was covered in grey fuzz and I had scrubbed all the rust off of my rack that was physically possible.  There are areas where the rust actually tarnished the metal so it appears a little dull but over all it looks really good!

***drum roll please***
Tadaa! I'm in love!

Not only does it add a sweet vintage look to the room but it compliments my crosley perfectly!  It's super functional and I can see this rack sticking around for a while.


House projects are awesome because you get to see them, well, everyday! It only inspires me to get more creative!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment