Friday, September 6, 2013

The Norton

Good afternoon and a good week it has been! Labor Day festivities made this a short yet long week for me and I don’t think I’m the only one. I think it’s the fear of my beloved summer coming to an end that has made this week drag on, like I’m filled with anxiety that if the weekend doesn’t get here soon then I’ll never get to enjoy another hot summer weekend. Thank God It’s Finally Friday.

I have officially been in my new residence with my love for a week now, and it has been such a smooth transition! Last Friday B drove to OKC and back to pick up his new motorskooter while I moved my remaining household items in. B decided it was the right time for a new vintage motorcycle project and went and picked up a ’73 Norton Commando. It’s a beautiful monster with an 850 engine – which just means to me that it’s capable of going really fast – I experienced that Saturday when we finally got to ride! I’m no hardcore biker woman but I am definitely Brandon’s biker babe. I like to wear high heels and cute muscle tanks rather than the leather and chaps sort of thing.

Later Saturday night after hitting up a family BBQ we went out on the town with some friends and ended up at a peculiar little spot called the circus room which is totally decked out in circus decorations, it totally reminded me of a spot in Austin I visited a time or two called the carousel lounge (but not as cool). It was a helluva weekend and now that it’s Friday I’m going to try and have just as much fun as I have been even though summer is coming to an end. I foresee pool time, music & lots of friends in these next couple of days. Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. I have such mad respect for you that you rode that bike- wish I was that cool! lol

    xx Missy
    www.myconcretecatwalk.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O my gosh I was just posing! haha.. That bike is a little too much for me. I just ride on the back with my man! ;)

      Delete
  2. My husband and I have been wanting a motorcycle for a while now. We are just waiting until the right time. These photos make me want one now though.
    Carlee
    Little Sloth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Riding around town on the motorcycle with my boyfriend is seriously one of my favorite past times. When we go out, the ride to the destination is often more fun than wherever we end up. I highly suggest it! However, you may want to stick to a more modern bike that takes less repair, unless he is a good mechanic, because these vintage bikes take lots of upkeep (even though it's so worth it)!

      Delete