Friday, February 21, 2014

Home Journeys - My Playlist

Yesterday, as I was giving the ‘ol casa a good clean, I found myself observing what I liked and what I didn't like about our house.  It’s a rent house so I can talk crap about it and just make mental notes for when I’m rich enough to change all the things I don’t like.  But it also made me think about all the houses I've ever lived in, and cleaned and observed like that.  I had a weird observation that with every new place I live I gain a better grip on my life and what I desire and who I am, as weird as that is.  My mind links emotions and feelings and experiences and relationships to places and pictures and smells and so in a way, every place I've called home has become a part of this body and my soul and my journey.  It’s perfect timing to be reminiscing back on the last couple of places I've lived being that its ‘Flashback Friday,’ and also considering I’m in the happiest home ever right now. It didn't used to be like that however. 


I think back in my life to all the different homes or apartments I've lived, about 8 total at this point, and I can assign an emotion to each place. Considering I've lived with 3 different boyfriends at this point (officially and non-officially) there are some happy and sad emotions that erupt.  I could literally sit here thinking back to each situation and say that everything that I loved I have carried with me in some way, and everything that I hated I left there.  I also can’t be thankful enough that I’m not in any of those homes and that I am exactly where I am now.  I’m glad that Brandon and I are cohabiting perfectly in our little rent house in ghetto Wolflin that just got broken into and that has horrible plumbing and window units that we have created so many memories in, from late night musical magic to training a puppy and growing as a couple side by side.  Considering all the flirting emotion that this topic brings up I thought it would be really fun to create a playlist (since everything in my life relates back to music) with songs representing all the homes I've been through.  I could explain what each song meant or why I chose it but I’ll leave that to your own imagination, some details are better left out.  Enjoy 

1  Really the whole yellow submarine album by the Beatles, but specifically the song 'Hey Bulldog'
2 'Hurricane Waters' - Citizen Cope
3 'House of Cards' - Radiohead
4 'Two Step' - Dave Matthews
5  'Islands' - The XX
6  'Somersault' - Zero 7
7  'Girl Named Tenessee' - NeedToBreathe
8  'Wildfire' ft. Little Dragon - Sbtrkt 
9  'The Look' - Jacques Green
10  'The Keeper' ft. Andreya Triana (Banks Remix)
11  'This Head That I Hold' - Electric Guest
12  'First Day of My Life' - Bright Eyes

Bonus Tracks (a few tunes I'm currently jammin')

13  'The Remains of Rock & Roll' - Broken Bells
14  'Another Girl' - Wild Belle
15  'Colored Emotions' - Night Moves
16  'Modern Jesus' - Portugal. The Man 


No comments:

Post a Comment